For each answer you get right, we donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger.
Beautiful message, isn't it? This is what Free Rice offers: a Web page where you can practice your English (by learning new vocabulary and improving your grammar) while you do a good thing helping many people who don't have anything to eat.
There are different topics to choose from and increase your ability with English and other subjects:
- Art: questions about famous paintings.
- Chemistry: various lists with chemical symbols.
- English: practice your grammar and vocabulary.
- Geography: identify countries on the map and World capitals.
- Language Learning: French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Maths: practice multiplication tables.
To be honest, the games are pretty addictive and this particular blog has already donated 1180 grains of rice. It's not much, but it's better than nothing! :) How many have you donated?
Take advantage of this website and practice your English online, and remember that for every correct answer, 20 grains of rice, which will help to reduce the hunger of many, will be donated.
You can see a video (in English) where it's shown how they help and feed many people using the rice obtained in FreeRice.com.
FreeRice.com was discovered thanks to a comment of Satya Rao, author of the blog Best Tech News.